At C4CMOBILE UK Limited (“C4CMOBILE”), we look after your Personal Data carefully. We adhere strictly to the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and other data privacy and data retention regulations.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is C4CMOBILE UK located at Discovery Park
Innovation House, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, Kent CT13 9FF.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
• Your name, address, date of birth, mobile telephone number, call data records including Traffic Data and Location Data, top-up records, credit card or debit card details, billing records, voice mail recordings.
• If you contact our Customer Services Department, we may keep a record of that correspondence, including copies of e-mails and your e-mail address. We may also monitor or record any telephone calls made to our Customer Services Department for quality assurance.
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.C4CMOBILE.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our products and services, posting material or requesting further products or servces. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website or our mobile telephone services and products.
• Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for market research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services. For example, now and again we might ask you to fill in a questionnaire, just so you can let us know how we’re doing.
• We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties, for example, collected from other members of your household.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about a user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any information sent to us is encrypted (scrambled) using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that protects your Personal Data whilst being sent over the internet from being intercepted and misused by third parties. When it reaches us, we then store it on a secure server so that it can only be read by authorised personnel. Although we make every effort to create a secure environment for your Personal Data, C4CMOBILE cannot guarantee the safety of any personal information that you transmit to C4CMOBILE online.
The Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may be processed by staff that operate outside the EEA and who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services. For example, C4CMOBILE uses call centre and technical services from associated companies in India.
Where the data protection laws of these countries do not provide the same level of data protection as in the UK, we will take steps to ensure that your Personal Data is protected in accordance with the requirements of UK law, including requiring appropriate security measures from the third party to protect your Personal Data. We will also monitor compliance with such security measures for the lifetime of our contractual relationship with the third party.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
USES MADE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
• Supplying the Products and Services to you,
• The administration of your Account by the Customer Services Department,
• Providing you with service information, for example about Network faults,
• The prevention or detection of fraud,
• Market research and profiling your usage and purchase preferences, and
• Complying with applicable laws and regulations.
C4CMOBILE and other C4CMOBILE companies may also use your Personal Data to contact you by post, telephone, e-mail or SMS to let you know about products and services offered by C4CMOBILE, other C4CMOBILE group companies and selected companies, including any special offers and promotions, which may interest you. If you do not wish to receive this information or be contacted in this way, you may at any time, free of any charge, opt out of this direct marketing by requesting to be put on a designated list. You may make this request by contacting the Customer Services Department or by sending an e-mail to support@C4CMOBILE.com.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the Personal Data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group of companies in respect of the uses set out above.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties related to a prospective change of control or investment in C4CMOBILE or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of C4CMOBILE, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to a marketing company. You can exercise your right to prevent this processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data at the time of collection or you can also exercise the right to opt out at any time by contacting the Customer Services Department at the address below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION.
You’re welcome to ask us what information we have about you, any time you like. If you need us to send it to you, it’ll cost £10.00. This fee covers the cost of our administration. If any of the details are incorrect, let us know and we’ll amend them right away. If you’d like us to send you the information, you can write to our Customer Services Department at the below address, enclosing a cheque or postal order for £10.00 made payable to C4CMOBILE UK Limited.
LINKS FROM OUR WEBSITE TO OTHER WEBSITES
Please be aware that our website provides access to other websites by linking to them. We are only responsible for the privacy, content or security of the C4CMOBILE website.